Public Affairs and External Relations
Public Affairs and External Relations manages communication and media relations for the university and the Office of the President. Public Affairs publicizes university faculty, staff, and student news, programs, and events within the context of a wider strategy for university communications through our university newsroom. Public Affairs produces official press releases for the university and all colleges, pitches stories directly to news media (both local and national), handles all crisis communications, and produces key institutional events for the university.
To publicize your event through Public Affairs, use the Publicity Request Form
Within Public Affairs, the special events staff is responsible for the successful planning and execution of university events initiated by and assigned to the Office of Institutional Advancement.
Public Affairs also coordinates complimentary digital photography services for official university events and publicity and publications needs.
What We Do
- Public Affairs oversees official communications, neighborhood relations, and crisis management for the university.
- Public Affairs coordinates the release of official communications for the university, its colleges, centers, and institutions.
- The Public Affairs director is the official spokesperson for the university when dealing with requests from the media.
- Public Affairs produces Loyola at a Glance, a weekly e-newsletter for the university community; LoyNews, a weekly e-newswire for news media; and Neighborhood News, a Loyola newsletter targeted to the surrounding neighborhood.
- Public Affairs facilitates postings on the university web calendar and coordinates university photography requests for publicity and publications needs.
- Public Affairs produces events for the president, donors, and Alumni Relations as well as coordinating dedications and commencement exercises.
You may reach the Office of Public Affairs at (504) 861-5888.
The following is a list of public affairs staff members:
Location: Greenville Hall, Broadway Campus
Broadway Campus map
Loyola University New Orleans
Office of Public Affairs
7214 St. Charles Avenue
Campus Box 909
New Orleans, LA 70118
Office Phone: (504) 861-5888
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: M - F, 8:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.